1980's Party Invitations
A 1980s theme party is a fun way to celebrate the decade of neon, pop, and rock. Here are some possible elements of a 1980s theme party:
- Decorations: You can use bright colors, geometric shapes, and retro patterns to create a vibrant atmosphere. Some examples are zebra print, Pac-Man, Rubik’s Cube, cassette tapes, and disco balls. You can also hang posters of 80s movies, TV shows, and celebrities, or use a letter board to display some 80s slang.
- Costumes: You can dress up as your favorite 80s-character, icon, or style. Some examples are Madonna, Michael Jackson, Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, Flashdance, and The Breakfast Club. You can also wear big hair, shoulder pads, leg warmers, fingerless gloves, and sunglasses.
- Entertainment: You can play some 80s music, watch some 80s movies or TV shows, or have a dance-off or a karaoke contest. You can also set up an 80s arcade with games like Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Frogger, and Tetris, or a DIY photo booth with props like boomboxes, guitars, and microphones.
- Food and drinks: You can serve some 80s snacks, candies, and beverages, or make some 80s-themed dishes. Some examples are Pop Rocks, Twinkies, Jell-O, pizza, nachos, and fondue. You can also make some 80s cocktails, like Piña Colada, Margarita, Cosmopolitan, and Long Island Iced Tea .
Don't tell the other decades but here at Retro Invites, the Eighties were, and still are, our favorite decade.
We love the big hair, big shoulder pads and jelly shoes. MTV was THE best invention ever and we could sit in front of the television for hours watching our favorite bands. We're still rewatching the movies and replaying the video games that became popular back then.
If you agree, we're sure you're going to find the perfect way to gather the gang for a bodacious radical totally 80's theme party or event starting with one of the invitations you find here.
We've hand-picked, and featured below, some of the best 80s invites from the artisans who create them at Zazzle.com.
Visit 80s theme Party Invitations at Zazzle now to see them all.
As always, Valley Girl speak is totally optional.
Affiliate Disclosure: As a Zazzle and Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Full Disclosure Here
Full Disclosure Here
Totally Tubular 80's Theme Party Invites
1980s Theme Party Invitations
Printed Invitations and/or Instant Download Available
Custom and Personalized 80s Party Invites
Back to the 80's Theme Party Invitations
Marty McFly would be proud to come to your "Back to the 80's" Party with any of these cool 1980's party invitations!Customize these colorful Back to the 80's theme birthday invites with all of your party information.
80's Cassette Mixtape Invitations
The 80's were all about the cassette tape! These MTV style invites will remind you that cassettes rocked. Between the rad colors and the bodacious graphics, these invites have the 1980's written all over them!
80's Theme Party Invitations
Get your eighties on and customize these totally tubular 80's theme party invitations.
80's Customizable Theme Party Invitations
Add a photo of the 80's birthday girl or boy with these fully customizable retro 80's birthday themed invitations.
Browse More 1980's Theme Party Invites
There's plenty more bodacious designs to choose from too. Be sure to check out the rest of the radical styles.
1980s Party Playlist
The 1980s was a decade of diverse and innovative music, with genres like new wave, synth-pop, rock, and hip-hop dominating the charts. Here are some of the best party hits of the eighties that you can add to your playlist:
- Don’t You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds: This song is one of the most iconic new wave anthems of all time, featured in the movie The Breakfast Club. It has a catchy chorus, a synth-driven sound, and a message of nostalgia.
- Thriller by Michael Jackson: This song is a pop masterpiece that showcases the talent and charisma of Michael Jackson. It has a fast tempo, a spooky theme, and a legendary dance routine.
- Livin’ on a Prayer by Bon Jovi: This song is a rock classic that tells the story of two lovers struggling to make ends meet. It has a powerful guitar riff, a soaring chorus, and a sing-along bridge.
- Like a Virgin by Madonna: This song is a pop hit that established Madonna as a global superstar. It has a catchy melody, a provocative lyrics, and a danceable beat.
- Take on Me by a-ha: This song is a synth-pop gem that features a high-pitched vocal, a keyboard solo, and a groundbreaking music video.
- Push It by Salt-N-Pepa: This song is a hip-hop classic that showcases the skills and attitude of Salt-N-Pepa. It has a funky groove, a rap verse, and a catchy hook.
- Hungry Like the Wolf by Duran Duran: This song is a new wave hit that blends rock and pop elements. It has a pulsing bass, a guitar solo, and a seductive voice of Simon Le Bon.
- I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me) by Whitney Houston: This song is a pop masterpiece that showcases the vocal range and charisma of Whitney Houston. It has a upbeat tempo, a joyful lyrics, and a chorus that makes you want to dance.
1980's Theme Party Ideas
Here's a video I found at Youtube that might help you find some fun ideas for your own 1980's theme party.