Back in the not so distance past there was only one choice for ordering wedding invitations. You'd have to flip through huge books of patterns and fill out endless forms. Luckily the internet has opened up a huge market for beautiful quality wedding invitations that you can order and customize at home and the possibilities are endless.
Here are 10 tips for ordering wedding invitations online
1) Do Your Research. You don't want to leave anything to chance for your big day and that includes the invitations so do your homework. Research shipping costs, return policies and read reviews from other customers. Once you've narrowed down your search you can compare prices. We here at Retro Invites recommend Zazzle for quality and selection, we've even designed some beautiful wedding invitations.
2) Choose A Color Palette And Style. Before you start picking out invitations get your color scheme and style in order. One of the main problems you're going to have is too many choices and while choice is great it can mean that it's harder to pick just one invitation. So narrowing your choice down by color and style will help you be able to pick from a smaller pool. For example, you may want rustic invitations with brown and beige tones. Also here's some wedding color trends for 2016 from MagnetStreet.
4) Use A Coupon Code. If you start your search early you'll have plenty of time to get your order in before your wedding deadline. This means you should seek out coupon codes for your invitations. This can save big money, sometimes up to 40% off the purchase price which is money that you can rebudget for other wedding costs.
5) Choose Your Paper Type. Choosing a paper type can be confusing but if you do your research it's easy. Most people associate quality invitations with paper weight which is measured in pounds which is the weight of 500 sheets of 20 x 26 inch paper. For example, card stock ranges from 50lbs to 110 lbs. For most invitations 11o lbs equals a quality invitation.
6) Check And Recheck Your Copy. Always enlist a second (and maybe third) pair of eyes to check your wedding invitation copy. There nothing worse than ordering 250 invitations with the wrong address. Ordering online does however prevent more mistakes that using a handwritten order as number and letters can't be confused and you get a live screen preview of what your invitation will look like before you order.
7) Don't Just Order Invitations. There is a glorious world of wedding invitation add-ons. You can get matching Save The Date cards, postage stamps, RSVP cards, reception cards, menu cards and belly bands. The key is to stay on budget and choose add-on items that will compliment your wedding.
9) Have Fun! It's easy to get bogged down by so many wedding invitation choices so grab some girlfriends and make an evening out of narrowing down your choices. In no time at all you'll have your perfect invites in your hands.
10) Don't Forget The Thank You Cards. Make sure you order matching Thank You cards at the same time as you order your wedding invitations so that they match.
Retro Invitations, Gifts & Party Ideas